Welcome to the Saugerties Fish and Game Club
|Jan. 1 2021 • 2021 Membership Dues due Jan. 1, 2021!|
"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it."
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
William S. Burroughs & Thomas Jefferson.
|The fallacy of Micro-stamping 'technology', and potential of falsely accusing innocent gun owners!|
Established in 1884, we are one of the oldest sportsmen's clubs in New York State. Located on nearly 100 acres of land off Fish Creek road in the town of Saugerties, Ulster County, the club is open year-round, with a large parking area and large heated clubhouse with a fully-equipped kitchen. Our facilities include:
- 100 yard rifle range with sheltered shooting stations and several bench rests.
- 25 yard pistol range with 12 sheltered shooting stations, heated in winter. Separate area for shooting falling plates.
- 2 ATA-certified trap ranges, each with 5 stations.
- 3-D Walk-through Archery range, and bale range.
- Woods-walk Black Powder course.
We are a MEMBERS ONLY Club and our Ranges are NOT available for public rental use.
Please visit the Saugerties Fish & Game Club Public Events page on Facebook for a schedule of specific events open for public participation.
We are a member club of the Federated Sportsmen's Clubs of Ulster County, the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, the National Rifle Association of America, the Amateur Trapshooting Association, the New York State Muzzle-Loaders Association, Inc., Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), and a Defender Member of the New York State Conservation Council, Inc.. We participate in stocking pheasant and fish, and posting land for the use of club members. We take an active role in educating the young people of our area in conservation, hunting, and sportsmanship. Many of our members participate in the various local Leagues. We are active in local, state, and national firearms legislation. Some of our members are NRA Certified Instructors and conduct courses such as the "NRA Home Firearm Safety", "NRA Basic Pistol Shooting", and "NRA Basic Personal Protection". For further details regarding these classes including the free Basic Pistol Safety Course, visit the Federated Sportsmen's Clubs of Ulster County.
Club membership includes hunting privileges on the club grounds and on several parcels of land in the Saugerties area totaling several hundred acres.
Our use of the term "sportsmen" is intended to be gender-neutral as both men and women are certainly included and welcome in SF&GC.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Shotgun -- We have a large and active group of trap shooters who fully utilize our two ATA certified trap ranges. We are a member of the ATA and host 3 ATA shoots each year, as well as 3 county-wide shoots. Join us for open shooting Thursdays and Sundays at 12 Noon.
Pistol -- 25 yard pistol range with 12 enclosed shooting stations, heated in winter. Separate area for shooting pins, bullseye, combat silhouette, and falling plates. We also field a team for the Ulster County Pistol League. Rim-Fire only on Tuesdays at 6 PM. On Saturdays: Rim-Fire starting at 9 AM and Center-Fire starting at 10:30 AM. Sunday shooting can begin at Noon. Year-round leagues for .22 bullseye.
Archery -- We have a dedicated group of archers who have built a first-class 3-D and Bulls Eye range. Several shoots are held yearly, including a winter shoot and a moon shoot. Join us every Sunday morning at 8 AM for open shooting on the bale range.
Rifle -- 100 yard rifle range with indoor and outdoor covered shooting positions, heated in winter. Several sight-in benches are available. The range is generally open every day until dusk. Sunday shooting can begin at Noon.
Black Powder -- Beautiful woods-walk course with challenging targets. Sundays at Noon. Shoots are held twice each year.
Scheduled and/or organized events preempt
"open shooting" times listed above, meaning that there are some times when the pistol and rifle ranges will be closed.
First, Second, Third, and Fourth Amendments to the United States Constitution:
- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
- A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
- No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
- The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Article XII, Section 1 of New York's Constitution covers both the "organized" and "unorganized" militia and reads:
The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
Article 2, Section 4 of the New York Civil Rights Law also reads almost identical to the Federal Second Amendment:
Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.
2000-2021 Saugerties Fish and Game Club, Inc.
PO Box 261, Saugerties, NY 12477
One of New York's Oldest Active Sportsmen's Clubs!
Hosted and maintained by...
Kropf.Computer Services, Inc.
"Keeping business plugged in...
...to the Whole-Wide-World!"
You may contact the Webmaster here regarding this web site.
Thanks to Tuned-In
for the original Web Design.
This page last updated at 00:41:08 EST on December 05, 2020.